A playgroup for pre-school aged children runs on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday mornings, from 9.30am to 12.30pm, during school term times.
We are registered with Ofsted to take up to 32 children per session and have a minimum of 5 staff working with the children each morning.
Parents are encouraged to get involved through the Parents' Rota when they can spend a morning at Playgroup and we also have two parents on the Management Committee.
As with all Early Years settings, we follow the Early Years
Foundation Stage curriculum and use this in the
planning of the activities provided.
Each day the children will have the opportunity to
experience activities from the following:
- Sand, water or woodwork
- Painting / chalking
- Art / craft / cooking
- Play dough / clay / cornflour etc
- Home corner (role play)
- Construction activity e.g. Duplo, lego, building bricks etc
- Pretend play e.g. Cars, trains, dolls house etc
- Table top games
- Books, writing and drawing
- Large apparatus / bikes / balls and hoops / parachute games / see-saws / tunnel / slides
- Singing / nursery rhymes / musical instruments / drama
- Story time
There is a book corner available at all times
for children to look at books or for them
to have stories read to them if they wish.